1) Was 2006 a good year for you?
It was worse than some and better than most, no major disasters but also no major euphorias
2) What was your favorite moment of the year?
someone I love very dearly blew me a kiss & that shocked the hell outta me.
3) What was your least favorite moment of the year?
I had some major lows at my old job before I left dealing with their crappy management, it’s a good thing I found a new one before I quit as I was very nearly to that point.
4) Where were you when 2006 began?
right here at my desk
5) Who were you with?
my two room mates were on the sofa watching anime & my cat
6) Where will you be when 2006 ends?
same bat station
7) Who will you be with when 2006 ends?
my cat (and I’m sure the roomies will be watching more anime!)
8) What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
attempt to cook stir fry. Liz is not much for the cooking end of things. Liz is better at ordering off the menu or getting take out from Eatzis.
9) Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I kept my main one from last year which was to get out of a bad situation & get a new job.
While I wasn’t able to loose much weight I at least lost back what I gained while on a lot of prednisone when I had bronchitis last winter & have maintained things decently, hopefully if I can remain off the prednisone I’ll be able to loose more in 2007. Damn I hate that stuff & its side effects but not breathing is not an option.
10) Did anyone close to you give birth?
11) Did anyone close to you die?
yes, sadly another very good friend committed suicide, this one was even more unexpected than the last
12) Did you travel outside of the US in 2006?
no but I traveled plenty inside the USA
13) How many different states did you travel to in 2006?
California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Ohio, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina
14) What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
15) What date(s) from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
see #55 below
16) What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job – not just escaping a deteriorating situation from my old one but managing a sizeable promotion, pay raise, more training opportunities & being more respected by my co workers. Go Liz!
17) What was your biggest failure?
18) Did you suffer any illness or injury?
a few more rounds of bronchitis in early 2006 but I’ve been doing remarkably well for me lately.
19) What was the best thing you bought?
20) Whose behavior merited celebration?
the folks at my new job.
21) Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A gal I went to a couple of shows with who was so wrapped up in herself she never thought about the folks around her. Its all about her. She hurt a very close friend of mine very deeply when we were all in Las Vegas.
22) Where did most of your money go?
Southwest.com , ebay via paypal and ticketmaster fees!
23) What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Tiger Army opening for Morrissey and Tiger Army opening for AFI.
24) What song will always remind you of 2006?
“Love Like Winter”
25) Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? About the same
ii. thinner or fatter? About the same
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, I increased my investment portfolio significantly. At this rate maybe someday I can retire and be the eccentric rich old crazy cat lady.
26) What do you wish you'd done more of?
sleeping. I never get enough sleep.
27) What do you wish you'd done less of?
28) How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it driving to New Jersey to see Danzig the next day.
29) Did you fall in love in 2006?
not with anyone new
30) If yes, with who?
31) If yes, do they know?
32) Are you still in love with them?
I just carry on with my longtime crushes
33) You regret it?
I try and live to have no regrets. But sadly no matter what I do I can't change other people.
34) Did you breakup with anyone in 2006?
35) How many one-night stands?
36) How many people did you sleep with in 2006?
37) Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No new additions to my shit list, I just carry the same grudges.
38) Did you make any new friends in 2006?
I made several very good new friends.
39) Who are your favorite new friends?
they are not on LJ & you don’t know ‘em anyway ;)
40) What was your favorite month of 2006?
February or March
41) Did you miss anybody in the past year?
42) Did you do anything you are ashamed of this year?
“I want to live and I want to love,
I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of”
43) What was the worst lie someone told you in 2006?
none that I am aware of
44) Did you treat somebody badly in 2006?
only those that deserved it
45) Did somebody treat you badly in 2006?
yeah but I don’t think she did so out of malice
46) What was your proudest moment of 2006?
getting my new job and beating out my old boss in the process who had also applied for it
47) What was your most embarrassing moment of 2006?
driving 4 hours to Norfolk in the rain, checking into our hotel and realizing our 2 MCR tickets were on my desk in Gaithersburg, WHOOPS!
48) What was your greatest musical discovery?
Viva Hate an I Am Ghost!
49)What did you want and get?
a wonderful new Alienware computer (Area 51 7500 model) plus a new Samsung laser printer & Klipsch speakers with a kickass subwoofer and THX. An 80 gig iPod and Klipsch iGroove docking station. A new Alpine car stereo with XM radio- my gift to me for paying off my car loan a year early! : )
2 awesome new tattoos by Susan at Jinx Proof
Some very cool AFI rarities direct from Mr. Kresge including test pressings of "Eddie Picnic" & "Behind the Times", an "Answer that" Wingnut promo poster & the alternative sleeves for "Dork" & "Behind the Times".
original artwork by Simon Bisley, Martin Emond, Michael Zulli, Esteban Maroto, Alan Forbes, Brian Bolland, Tony Harris, Craig Hamilton, Joe Linsner, Matt Wagner and a cool Japanese painting of Devilman possibly by Go Nagai but I’m not sure on that one. No wonder I’m so freaking broke!
50) What did you want and not get?
outbid on ebay on an Emond cover – waaah!
51) What was your favorite new film of this year?
No one title really jumps to the front of my brain tho I’m frustrated as hell at not being able to see “Pans Labyrinth” yet and even without seeing it that might be my fav of 2007 ;) But in 2006 I missed many I intended to see by being gone so much, of the ones I saw my favorites were "V For Vendetta", "Clerks II", "Silent Hill" and "Curse of the Golden Flower".
52) What was your favorite TV program?
Heroes! Even Liz who never watches TV got addicted to that one fast, probably because its like a really good comic book come to TV.
53) What was your favorite book from 2006?
Neil Gaiman’s Fraigile Things
54) How many concerts did you see in 2006?
55) Did you have a favorite concert in 2006?
....hard to pick…. Between
AFI secret show at the Henry Fonda Theater - April 28
Tiger Army & Morrissey in Oklahoma, March - 13 & 14
AFI & Tiger Army in Long Beach - Sept 16
Danzig in Las Vegas Nov 21 and NJ December 26
I don’t think there was ever a year when I saw SO MANY of my favorite bands/performers in one calendar year – Tiger Army, Danzig, Morrissey, AFI, The Sisters of Mercy, the Cult, Social Distortion, Alkaline Trio, The Horrorpops, Bauhaus, Nine Inch Nails, Alice Cooper, Rob Zombie, Zombie Ghost Train, Mad Sin, I Am Ghost, Viva Hate – the mind boggles! Where was David Bowie?
56) did you drink a lot of alcohol in 2006?
never drank any. EVER! If you ever saw my mother you’d understand why, trust me!
57) did you do a lot of drugs in 2006?
only my prescriptions
58) What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
my friends took me out for dinner. I am old enough.
59) What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
60) How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
if everything is black then theoretically they’ll all match. That goes for all years.
61) What kept you sane?
I parted ways with Mr. Sanity many years ago; we don't have enough in common.
62) Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I rather fancy Mr. Depp.
63) How much money did you spend in 2006?
All of it & then some. I bleed money.
64) Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
I’m still working on that one.
65) What are your plans for 2007?
try to find how to be happy and find true love, its my eternal quest.